Friday, November 21, 2008

Mad Tiger Movie Review

I have been too lazy to write movie reviews last few weeks. I usually go before noon on Fridays, because I can get in for $5 and that usually works out pretty well for me. Usually, like last week, when I went to see SAW 5 (only because I got the times mixed up on the movie I really went to go see and I was standing at the ticket window trying to make a snap decision with the hot breathe of the person behind me on my neck and SAW 5 was about the only other thing showing at that time.) I was the only one in that theater. I must say it was rather spooky watching SAW 5 in a dark theater all by myself. So imagine my surprise when I walked into the theater today to find it packed with teens. They must have all skipped school to go watch this film.





I went and watched Twilight today starring Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan and Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen.

Bella Swan has always been a bit different, never caring about or fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother Renee. remarries and decides to move with her new husband to Florida, and Bella decides to go live with her father, Charlie, in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect anything to change. Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen, a boy unlike any she's ever met. Intelligent and witty, his piercing eyes see straight into her soul. Soon, Bella and Edward are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance. Edward can run faster than any cheetah, he can stop a moving car with his bare hands, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Most importantly, he's a vampire. Like all vampires, he's immortal. He doesn't drink human blood (they're vampire "vegetarians"), which is rare among the vampire population. Instead, they go on regular "hiking" trips, where they feed on prey such as grizzly bears and mountain lions. For Edward, Bella is the thing he has waited ninety years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. And what will they do when James Laurent and Victoria come into town and James sets his sights on Bella? Will true love prevail when Edward is forced to save her life and conquer his thirst? The true question is when you can live forever, what do you live for?

I can see why teen girls would think that Robert Pattinson is a heart throb. He is a cutie and plays the role of a vampire perfectly. I just got this book yesterday so I don’t know if the movie lives up to the book or not yet. But I will say it was a pretty good movie and of course all the teens in the theater with me seemed to love it. I don’t know if the subject matter would be fit for younger children though. I give this movie 4 tiger paws.

1 comments:

loki said...

OMG Tiger!!!

BOOMER SOONERS BABY!!!!!


We kicked their asses tonight huh!!!!!