Monday, August 21, 2006

I am sitting here today and thinking about what to write about. There are so many things to comment on. Everything from Hezbollah using this Cease Fire to restock rockets from Iran so they can attack Israel again, to President Bush saying this morning that we (the US tax payers) are going to foot the bill to rebuild Lebanon. Now that just doesn’t sit too well with me. How is it that we are going to rebuild Lebanon and we haven’t even rebuilt New Orleans or any of the Katrina devastated places in the South? I don’t get this. When did we stop taking care of home first? Then there is this August 22 thing, with the Muslims. Which is tomorrow I might add. August 22 is when Muhammad supposedly rode the white winged horse to Jerusalem. It is chronicled in ibn Ishaq’s writings under the Night Journey Chapter. Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has promised to give the UN a big answer on August 22 on his uranium enrichment program. Or at least that something big is going to happen. There is much speculation as to what that will be. I have also read articles in the past where the Iranian President has said he wants WW3 to start on August 22. I do know that Iran did so some missile testing yesterday. So I guess we will find out what is going to happen when tomorrow gets here.

I have been thinking a lot lately about what is important in life. It seems like so much time is wasted on trivial things. I usually don’t talk about the chat room drama here, but seeing all the drama on the other Blogs, got me to thinking about this. And I have come to the conclusion that the way to judge if something is important or not is to ask myself, “Is this something that is temporal (something that will not last for eternity) or is in this eternal (something that will last for an eternity).” If it is temporal, then it is lower on my priority list. If it something that is eternal, then that is top priority. For example chat, that is temporal, it will not last for eternity and therefore it is not worth worrying about. But taking care of my elderly parents, well if you believe in any kind of afterlife, their souls will go into eternity. So they are a top priority. I hope you get what I am saying by those analogies. So, with this realization, I am at a point in my life that I have decided to not waste my time on things that are not really important and concentrate on things that are important. Like loving and taking care of my parents and when I have time, exposing Islam. And I do hope that all of you can understand that.

0 comments: